This is a list of my favourite places to shop for maternity and baby needs.
- Well.ca – lots of great prenatal and postnatal items, fast shipping*
- Baby Steals – many designer clothes and unique items with a significant discount (40 to 60% off)
- Snugglebugz – Canadian retailer of one of my favourite baby brands (Skip Hop), gift registry, fast shipping*
- Babies ‘R Us - the be all end all for most parents-to-be, gift registry, fast shipping*
- Amazon – for those harder to find items (like a bassinet), fast shipping
Naked Nursing Tank - nursing tanks designed to accommodate any top, but they work as incredible t-shirt extenders (especially helpful if you don’t want to spend a lot on mat clothes or near the end of the pregnancy like me when you just want to wear something easy).
* Often purchases qualify for free shipping too!
- TadPole - in the heart of Uptown Waterloo, this store has friendly staff and unique items for baby and mum, plus free gift wrapping
- The Extraordinary Baby Shoppe - offers a unique try-before-you-buy approach to baby carriers, plus very supportive and knowledgeable staff particularly when it comes to cloth diapering services and breast feeding
- Thyme Maternity – affordable maternity and nursing clothes with regular sales so you can stick to a budget
- Motherhood Maternity - a bit more expensive than Thyme, but they have more variety in clothes and really helpful when it comes to fitting nursing bras
- Ikea - baby furniture can be very expensive (and turn obsolete quite quickly), so Ikea offers affordable furniture to outfit a nursery that is both stylish and practical